I let Rascal go....

I decided that it was time for our baby Robin to venture into the wild where he belongs.
It was 4th of July and I thought it would be a good day to release him.
I went out onto my back deck and took him out of his cage and he flew high onto the roof and I yelled to him "yipee, good job!!" He then flew to the tree next to the roof and landed on a branch. I was so proud of my offspring.
After a few minutes of resting on the branch a Robin came out of no where and attacked him. I was flabbergasted, I couldn't believe it. Rascal fell to the ground and I ran over to get him, but he was pissed. He was making this clicking noise that I had never heard of before.
I picked him up and put him back in his cage and then brought him out to the front yard and left him in his cage with the door open, but he was too scared to come out.
After about 2 hours I finally got him out and he flew away and we haven't seen him since.
He has been gone for 2 days now and we still look around for him, but he is gone.
We miss him.

2 Comments:
oohh he looks so tiny. I hope he went on to a nicer place, crazy the other robin tried to attack him.
Well what the heck was wrong with his comrade? You did a great job keeping him alive, and I hope he's found a nice peaceful spot in the world by now.
Post a Comment
<< Home