Thursday, June 08, 2006

The hardest job I have ever had is....

being a mom.

I swear I think my kids are trying to make me insane. The ages of 11, 9.5 and 5 are killing me.

My 5 year old is not a good listener and doesn't care if he gets soap in his mouth or toys taken away. He will tell me flat out that it doesn't bother him. Can you say stubborn? OH MY GOD, I now know how people can abuse their kids....something in them must just snap, I know, I have almost been there. Luckily I have a great group of friends who support me and so I will call them and say "is this the child abuse hotline?" It always helps to talk it out.

My 9.5 year old now tells me that I am not the boss of him. Huh!?!?!?! You are 9.5, not 18 and as far as you are concerned I AM the boss of you. I made him walk home in the rain yesterday cause he said this to me. He said it to me cause I just got done talking to his teacher about how he disrespected her the day before and so I told him he will go home and sit in his room for the remainder of the day in which he replied "no I won't, you can't tell me what to do"

This is not the first time he has said this to me either and I was talking to my father about it one day and he sort of laughed and after the conversation he asked me to do something and I told him "no, you are not the boss of me" He laughed so hard.

My 11 year old is better then the other 2, but there are days where I could rip her hair out. Yes, she is a girl and being a girl I know all about attitude. She can give attitude like no other. Thankfully it doesn't happen too often and she is the one that gets me and will do what I ask without telling me no or "you aren't the boss of me". Maybe this is just the calm before the storm.

I always think I am alone in how my kids are, but thankfully most families have the same issues and the same fights.

Who knew that being a mom would be so hard. I think I am a good mom, so why do they torture me so? It hurts my heart when they disrespect me or don't listen to me, it really makes me not want to be a mom anymore. I hate feeling like that, that makes me not a good mom. I don't want to wish their lives away, but I have been because I want us all to be happy again.

When are these stages going to end, when they are 21? I don't know if I can survive it.

3 Comments:

At 10:30 AM, Blogger Gina said...

oooh i could have so written that blog! i'm mom to three imps also...4, 6, & 7...two boys, 1 girl. The two oldest are the attitudinal ones...the 4 year old still in learning mode but signs indicate he'll be the "good one". hang in there sister...this too shall pass!

 
At 10:05 PM, Blogger ~ cyndyann ~ said...

There does come a time when they respect you for "telling them what to do". My older two (19 and 22)are at that point now.
I could have easily written the same thing in my blog today. My 5 year old little miss is already wishing she was 18 !
FIVE!! OY! HUGS

 
At 4:50 PM, Blogger Angela said...

I thik it may cool down when they move out of the house right, otherwise we are stuck with it. And I hate to say it but I would imagine a teenage girl on the horizon is about to get that much more challanging. ((((hugs))))

 

Post a Comment

<< Home