I wish I was a girl....
That is what my 10 year old son said and my 5 year old piped up and said "why, so you can have a VAGINA?"
I almost peed my pants.
Why does my 10 year old son want to be a girl you ask. Well it all started when his siter was born 15.5 months before him and she brought him up to like girly things. The only reason he wants to be a girl is so that he can learn to knit and sew like his big sister has learned. He looks up to her, that is his best friend and he wants to be like her. I can't blame him, she is pretty spectacular.
He is going to have the whole package one day. He already is a rugged young man when he is out mowing lawns with his dad or working along side his grandpa. He will know how to do it all, yet know how to be sensitive to a woman's needs.
I look forward to watching him grow into a young man that will make me proud as he makes me proud now.

3 Comments:
Why can't he knit and sew? Isn't there a rugged football player that knits??
Just a thought. My husband can cross stitch better than me (but don't ask him to sew his pants or shirts....)
There are some manly men that do "girlie" crafts. I think it's kinda cool. I think every man should be able to use a sewing machine or at least sew a button or hem some pants, do the dishes and vacuum.
but that's me.
Oh he was taught how to knit by his grandmother. Unfortunately for me I am not crafty and I don't know how to sew or knit or cross stitch and am relying on the grandmothers to help in this department.
I have no problems with him doing these things, I am just bummed that I can't help him learn them.
haha one day he will know it is invaluable to identify with a girl but still be a rugged tough man. That is awesome really that he doesn't segregate between boy and girl, hopefully he will stay so carefree and just like what he likes.
Post a Comment
<< Home