Monday, November 06, 2006

Bloody Noses

Why is it that the only time my daughter gets a bloody nose is in the middle of the night? Not during the day like most people, but at night.

Nothing like seeing more blood than you can imagine in the middle of the night. It is so scary and I am very proud of her for not freaking out cause I think if I saw that much blood when I woke up I would scream my lungs out.

I called the pediatrician today and he doesn't sound concerned, but of course as moms we freak out over everything.

I need to go buy a humidifier for her room and hopefully that will cure the bloody noses in the middle of the night.

Let's hope that that will do the trick or I will need to buy stock in pillows and pillow cases.

3 Comments:

At 1:59 PM, Blogger Angela said...

hopefully that will help a bit, I would be freaking out too, but it would proabably wake me out of a dead sleep too.

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger ~ cyndyann ~ said...

ah you've been striken with a child with bloody nose syndrome! N had this big time. I think she still gets it from time to time.

Definitely get some moisture in her bedroom at night and cover her pillowcase with one of those waterproof liners (not the plasticy ones)... Another thing you can do is get one of those spray mist bottles of saline spray (Evian comes to mind - it's just water) Have your dd spray it in each nostril before bed and that'll help a lot too...

blood always looks like A LOT .. and tends to get the best of us freaking out in no time!

HUGS

 
At 11:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say that Hydrogen Peroxide will take blood out of things. If you put it on the stain before you have washed it and work it out with a scrub brush.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home