Thursday, August 24, 2006

Conversation with a 5 year old....

Owen: "mom, I am not going to college."

Me: "why not?"

Owen: "cause I want to be with you."

Me: "well by then you won't want to be with me anymore"

Owen: "why, will you be old?"

Me: "yup, and smelly too"

Owen: "okay"

He is back in a cling-on stage and needs to be with me 24/7 or anyone for that matter. He doesn't like to be in a room alone or anywhere alone. I guess he thinks that he will be like that for the rest of his life, so he will go to school, but not college.

The mind of a child....it is amazing how it works.

3 Comments:

At 5:45 PM, Blogger DesertGirl said...

Hand in there Karen. It's sweet he loves you all so much though.

Sadie's going to be a nurse when she grows up and she's going to work with me, so we can be together all the time. It's sweet, but I imagine working with my dd when she's a grown up and think.. "oh, i really hope she'll be ready to move on by then"

 
At 2:31 AM, Blogger lachen said...

Some of us do not have to wait for our kids to be in college before we are old and smelly. Some of us are ahead of the curve. :)

 
At 2:39 PM, Blogger Doodlebugs' Mama said...

Savannah's all set to marry Joel. (He's quite keen on the idea of having his girls around forever, though). :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home