Monday, August 07, 2006

Terms of Endearment



Why is it that I can watch this movie 1,000 times and I know what happens at the end, but I still bawl my eyes out like a baby?

I caught the last 20 minutes of this movie last night and I cried and cried. Why am I such a sap?

It is so heartwrenching to watch a mom lose her daughter and the daughter to lose her children...it kills me every time. I hate to think that I could die before my kids while they are young....I hate that thought.

I know that it must have broke my husbands mom's heart when she died when he was only 9 months old and his brother was 9. It kills me to think that my husband grew up without the love of his mom.

This movie makes me love my family a little bit more than I already do if that is even possible.

2 Comments:

At 8:41 PM, Blogger DesertGirl said...

I love it too, and I'm a bigger sucker for "Night Mother" with Sissy Spacek.

Oh, and Steel Magnolias.

We should get together and watch sad sappy movies and cry our eyes out.

 
At 3:12 AM, Blogger Hopalong Cassidy said...

We must have been siblings in another life. I find that my new blog is similar to
yours graphically and that I also could watch movies I like a 1,000 times
and get emotional about them, particularly the The Third Man and The Quiet Man, and
for reasons that in principle are mentioned in your post.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home