Friday, August 04, 2006

I just realized.....

that I will be bawling my eyes out on the first day of school.

I have really been looking forward to my youngest entering school, not because he drives me insane, but because he really needs the structure and loves to learn and hang with his friends.

Our local PTSA(parent, teacher, student association) started a BOOHOO breakfast last year for incoming kindergarten parents. We have bagels and coffee and tissues. I had made a comment that this year it should be called the YAHOO breakfast because my youngest is finally in school and I will be shouting YAHOO!!!!

Well now I am back to calling it the BOOHOO breakfast because I just realized that 3 things happen on that day.

1. Owen goes to Kindergarten.

2. Alexis enters 6th grade (I am the mother of a 6th grader, when did that happen).

3. Spencer turns 10....poor guy has his birthday on the first day of school...he will be so mad.

So on September 6th, I will be bawling my eyes out.

2 Comments:

At 12:02 PM, Blogger Doodlebugs' Mama said...

Girl, I'll be bawling my eyes out, too.

 
At 7:45 AM, Blogger ~ cyndyann ~ said...

We'll all be bawling our eyes out as our children go off to school and out of our grasps... BUT before long we will be used to it and will be bawling when that last day of school comes around

Stock up on tissues now
HUGS

 

Post a Comment

<< Home